The primary street around Eddington (Eddington Avenue/Turing Way) is now open. The areas that are open can be viewed on this downloadable map. Some areas remain restricted due to operational mobilisation and construction works.
The Ridgeway (cycle and pedestrian route) from Bunkers Hill to Eddington, and from Storey’s Field to Storey’s Way is also open.
To ensure the safety of pedestrians and cyclists, from 1 September cars will not be permitted on the Horse Chestnut Avenue between Gravel Hill Farm and Huntingdon Road.
Parking in Eddington
As of July 2018, pay and display parking is coming into force in the public parking bays at Eddington, as follows:
• Mon – Fri: 8:00am – 6:00pm (including public holidays)
• Sat – Sun: 10:00am – 5:00pm (including public holidays)
• The first 60 minutes is free, then £1 for every 30 minutes thereafter up to the maximum stay. Drivers must still obtain a ticket or register their vehicle by phone for the first 60 minutes.
• A maximum stay of 2 hours applies in most spaces (4 hours for the spaces near Storey’s Field Centre and sports pitches).
• No return within one hour in most spaces (no return within 2 hours where there is a maximum stay of 4 hours).
Payment terminals will be placed in four locations across Eddington for visitors to pay for their parking. Drivers will also be able to pay by phone with Redde (phone call, text or mobile app).
Portal will be issuing Penalty Charge Notices to drivers for parking violations, including:
• Parking on double yellow lines, or in areas which are not designed as vehicle parking bays, including the bin bays and the turning circle in Ryle Yard
• Parking in a disabled bay without a valid blue badge
• Parking in a permit holder area (Ryle Yard or underground car park) without a valid permit
• Parking for a longer period than that paid for using the payment facility
We would like to remind visitors that you can park in the Madingley Road Park & Ride for free.
If you have any questions regarding parking please email email@example.com
Eddington is only 20 minutes from Cambridge City Centre by bus, or 30 minutes from the train station.
The most convenient bus service for Eddington is the Universal (U) service, which links Eddington with West Cambridge, the City Centre, Cambridge Station and the Biomedical Campus.
There are bus stops located on Eddington Avenue outside Sainsbury’s, and further down towards Madingley Road.
Please check the address of the location that you want to get to.
If you want to get to the Project Office at Gravel Hill Farm, or the Construction Access (west of the Park and Ride), both are off Madingley Road. Further details can be found here.